With a little practise and patience you could be earning money from the art of acrylic nails or you may simply want to save money by doing them on yourself.What Do You Need?
- Non-acetone nail polish remover
- Nail files and white filing
- Acrylic clipper
- Artificial nail tips: find a size that fits your nail, if this is not possible find one that is closest and file it down
- Liquid Acrylic
- Powdered acrylic (white and clear)
- Acrylic brush: to apply the acrylic to your nail
- Dampen dish: to hold the in
- Nail oil: to moisturize your nail after you apply your
Prepare the nails by filing down the so they are very short and then push the cuticles back.Remove all previous traces of polish and acrylic with a non-acetone nail polish remover.Take the white filing block and buff over the entire nail so that it’s a bit rough. Not too much though.
How To Apply Acrylic Nails Preparation
Natural nails come in all different shapes and sizes, some nails are more rounded and some are flatter, acrylic nails are no different and should be matched as closely as possible to the natural nail.
How To Apply Acrylic Nails and Match Your Own Nails
- 1. Take your acrylic nail tips and match each nail tip to each individual nail. They should be an exact fit: if you can’t get them just right, take one that is a little too wide and file down the sides so it fits.
2. Place your acrylics on your work station in an order that you know which nail they have been matched to ie your thumb first, then your index finger etc.
1.Apply a tiny drop of glue onto the tip (from the bottom to the little indentation) and dunk it onto a tissue to get rid of any excess glue.2. Have a bowl of acetone prepared just in case you misplace a tip, so then it can be soaked off and you can start again.3. Place the artificial nail tip onto the tip of thenatural nail where the smile line is and ease back until the indentation is hitting the natural nail. Hold down until the glue sets, this just takes a few seconds. It’s very important that no air bubbles form under the tips as this weakens the nail and can cause a fungal infection. If any air bubbles form, the tip will have to be removed and applied again. 4. Adjust the tip length to suit your personal requirements using a nail tip clipper.5. File them to shape. At this stage you don’t need to be too fussy as you will have to file them again at the end.
How To Apply Acrylic Nails Using Glue
First we do the white smile line of the nail just like a French polish.
How To Apply Acrylic Nails Smile Line
- 1. Pour a little acrylic into a dampen dish; it has a very strong smell so make sure there is plenty ventilation in the room. This stuff can give you headaches, so beware.
2. Tip – don’t overload your brush with product otherwise you will make the acrylic nail far too thick and will end up having to do a lot of filing at the end.
3. Open the white acrylic powder. Dip your brush into theacrylic liquid and then wipe both sides onto a paper towel to make sure any residue is removed. Re-dip your brush into the acrylic liquid and wipe both sides again on the side of the dampen dish. You don’t want to overload your brush withacrylic liquid. The idea is the more liquid on your brush the more powder it will soak up. Practice will tell you how much you require.
4. Now dip the tip of your brush into the powder and you will find that a little ball of product will form.
5. Apply this ball on
How To Apply Acrylic Nails Using Clear Acrylic
- 1. The acrylic takes about 10 minutes to set and dry. By the time you have finished both hands you will be ready to