Friday, 8 July 2011
Why your face looks taut?
With the level of pollution going up, the only way to protect your skin is to keep it clean and hydrated and use regular face packs.
Different skin types need to be cared for differently and same is the case for a face pack. But there are a few things that you should know about face packs before blindly applying them:
- The first thing that you should know is that any face pack kept on your skin for more than 20 minutes will cause skin to stretch. This results in open pores, sagging skin and also wrinkles. So ladies, please do not go overboard with the pack.
- The second most important thing that you should keep in mind is that you should apply a pack on alternate days. This is because daily scrubbing results in erosion of the surface of the skin making it dry and devoid of moisture. This may also result in breakouts.
- Going near heat with the face pack on, results in chemical reaction in the products that go in your face pack. This leaves the skin dark, patchy and with open pores.
- After washing out the face pack and scrubbing do not forget to apply a little ice on the face. This is because after scrubbing, the skin pores usually open up. Ice helps to close those pores and avoid skin disorders. Rubbing ice also acts in toning the skin.
- You should preferably remove the face pack when it is partially wet. This prevents the face pack from being harsh on the skin.
- A lot of us do the mistake of applying the pack near the eye area. This should be avoided completely since the skin around the eye is very sensitive and thin.